Friday, June 29, 2012

Frog update, Grants, and Pageanty news

Hello everyone!

I've had a lot on my mind the past few days.  First of all, thank you to everyone who was concerned about my froggies.  We buried Yoshi next to spot the bunny in the backyard, but Pascal was really sick.  After trying to find information on Google (there apparently aren't that many people with pet frogs...) I finally decided that the best thing to do was to quarantine him and see what happened.  He was in a lot of pain and I didn't know whether or not to put him in the freezer (what the pet store told me to do) and put him out of his misery.  But I am so excited to tell you that he looks a million times better and I moved him back in with Tiana in the big tank today (after sterilizing everything and purchasing new substrate) because he finally started eating again! :)

Secondly (clearly I have strange priorities), I got a promotion :)  I'm now the dance director at Premier Centre for the Arts in Middletown.  I owe so much to them.  This is the place where I learned what it meant to be a performer.  This is where I truly fell in love with dance and knew that I wanted it to be a "job" (if you can call that working) and not just a hobby.  They do so much to make the people there feel like family and have even started a scholarship fund so everyone can have a chance to be a part of it.  Now they are in a contest to be considered for a $250,000 grant.  To qualify, we need to get 250 votes by Saturday.  We are only half way there.  You can sign in with Facebook, search "Middletown, Delaware" and click next to "Premier Centre for the Arts".  I'll leave the link for you below:
https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/


Also: teaching dance camp July 9th-13th

AND Pageant Camp July 23rd-27th

http://pcade.com/SummerArts.htm



Finally, I wanted to say congratulations to a few friends of mine! Love you all <3

Elissa McMracken, Miss Ohio 2012


Alyssa Murray, Miss Delaware 2012

Anjelica Francisco, Miss Greater Butler County 2012, Top 5 at Miss Ohio (the lovely lady I crowned in March)


Erin Magnin, Miss Wilmington 2012, Top 5 at Miss Delaware (former sister titleholder)



Love Always,


Janemarie

No comments:

Post a Comment