Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hues of Grass

It's so easy to get stuck in the trap of feeling like your problems are the most life altering struggle the world has ever seen. Not that anyone ever thinks the world revolves around them, but we are all guilty of acting that way at times. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.
I was thinking about this today after one of my favorite professors texted me to see how I was doing with the job hunt (yes, I always have been a teacher's pet lol). As it turns out, his life has been turned upside down in the last few weeks. Somehow he managed to take a few minutes in his day to show kindness towards someone else. His attitude was still that he's "so glad God is faithful through all circumstances of life." I wish that I always had that kind of faith.

It's social media like Facebook and Twitter that convince us that everybody's life is so much better than our own. Yes it's still crazy hard to see all of my friends getting married left and right, and both my Ohio and Delaware friends have their state pageants coming up, but I still have so much for which to be thankful. Even being a poor recent college graduate, I'm still wealthier than 99% of the world. I can feed myself and the motley assembly of animals in my house (two beagles, three frogs, and a passel of fish), which is more than most can say. Most importantly, there are so many people that go out of their way to be nice to me when I need it most, and I don't think they have any idea how much it means to me. I'm going to try to pass on the kindness. Maybe if everyone took more time to care for the people around them, we wouldn't need to worry about ourselves so much because we'd already be taken care of. Just food for thought.

Love, Janemarie

No comments:

Post a Comment