Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dayton View Elementary



For the first time it seems real. I had my first appearance this morning, and I absolutely loved it! I went to Dayton View Elementary and had the opportunity to speak to three fourth grade classes about the importance of education in making their dreams come true.
I definitely have a new respect for my professors now. But somehow, instead of being discouraging, the couple of students who seemed to have a sincere interest outweighed the few that were about to pass out on their desks...It was early so I don't blame them. Four hours is definitely not enough beauty sleep lol.
One of my favorite parts was getting to learn about what the students wanted to do with their lives and why they think education is important. It was completely humbling to know that I got to encourage future doctors, lawyers, football players, and even beauticians to achieve their goals. The whole experience also gave me a new insight into my own education, and why I need to really push through these last two and a half weeks. I have a responsibility to myself and also these children to be an example of what my platform looks like. Henry Ford said, "whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right." I need to hear this as much as the students because I have much less time left to make it happen.
I know God has placed me here in this time and place for a reason, and I am so thankful for every opportunity I have to make a difference in the lives of others, with or without a crown.
Believe in yourself. If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it :)

1 comment:

  1. You look great in that dress! I'm so happy you'll be competing at the Miss Delaware Pageant!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete