Wednesday, April 14, 2010

[Baseball] diamonds are a girls best friend :)


I spent the evening at the 5/3 Field in Dayton, home of the Dayton Dragons. My college played their annual Cedarville Classic against Wilmington college, and a few cheerleaders came to represent the school, act goofy, and support our guys. I know a few of the players from classes so it was a lot of fun to cheer them on. :) They had us go on to the dug out to sing "take me out to the ball game" and to do the chicken dance with a group of younger kids from the audience. At least I'm used to making a public spectacle of myself haha.
On the way back though, Jess was DJing with my iPod and she put on "unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield. The chorus says: "No one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in, no one else can speak the words on your lips...live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins; the rest is still unwritten." And as lame as it might be, I was so encouraged by that reminder that what I have to share is actually worth while. Tomorrow morning I'm going to a school to speak for the first time, and I feel so inadequate...it's very humbling. Like my friend Grace told me the other night, I just need to be an ambassador for Jesus, and He will take care of the rest. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow :)
In other news, I'm still doing everything I can to make the most of the opportunity that I've been given. It's just getting very stressful as final papers and exams are coming up, and the average number of sleep per night shrinks daily. I can't wait to be home for the summer so I can give way to the current pull of my one track mind.
Until next time try to enjoy spring time, and catch a baseball game if you can!
Love,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment