Monday, February 25, 2013

About Time

So much has happened over the past few months.  I'll try to do a quick recap:


In December I lost my mind putting together the Hunger Games dance production with some of my favorite people on the planet.  It was the first time I'd done a show almost completely on my own, including choreographing and teaching fourteen dances.  I don't think I've ever been so proud of a group of ladies in my life.  Thank you for making my crazy dreams into a beautiful reality.




With the new year a decrease of time with what seemed like either a pageant or an important birthday every week.

*Happy birthday to Ryleigh, Maryann, and C.J.*

I'm also taking a break from teaching for a while.  This was incredibly difficult for me because as much as I love my students and what I do, I know that I need to take some time to focus on achieving some of my immediate goals.

Saturday Miss Ryleigh Kutcher won a gold medal at her first tap solo competition!  I feel like a proud mama.  This girl is like my little sister and I absolutely love her to death.

On another note I felt like I was constantly baking this month...you know, in my free time. The office has also  put me in charge of organizing "food days."  There is one tomorrow...this is probably not a good way to begin my Miss Delaware training ;)

Maryann's Birthday Cake

And It seems like everyone in the world already knows, but after three years I am finally headed back to the Miss Delaware stage!  What a long season it's been already, but I've been so blessed along the way with people who believed in me when I couldn't.  I was overwhelmed with the amount of love and support I received at Miss Brandywine last night, and then continue to get on my phone, email, and facebook.  If you are one of those people, thank you.  It truly means the world to me.  

I'm sure there will be many new adventures in the months to come.  Thanks for taking the journey with me. 

Love,
Janemarie Covel
Miss Brandywine 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment