Tuesday, March 26, 2013

1 Month In

It's been a ridiculously busy month as I've been adjusting to being Miss Brandywine.  I got to witness the remaining four ladies win their title, and I even helped host for the first time. It was great to catch up with my dance teacher, Miss Jill, who was one of the fabulous judges. :)



I was also honored to attend the Reece's Rainbow fundraiser hosted by the wonderful Morgan Burris.  She is a wonderful example of how to use the crown to make people's lives better.  Speaking of outstanding teens, congratulations to Miss Delaware's Outstanding Teen 2013, Tanee DeCosta!

Last Monday I spent the evening at the University of Delaware selling raffle tickets to support the New Castle County Chamber of Commerce.  It was amazing to network with area professionals and to spend some quality time with Miss Tri County and Miss Hockessin.  We even got to meet Daymond John from Shark Tank!  It was a great reminder of what can happen if you give it your all to follow your dreams.


Last Friday I walked in my first fashion show modeling for Morgan's in Wilmington.  It was a benefit  for Mom's House which supports single parents and encourage's education.  For more information you can visit:
http://www.momshouse.org/wilmington.html


Other than that I've been very busy working on a new talent routine, and I even ordered my evening gown.  Less than 100 days to go, and I'm loving every minute. :)

Love,
Janemarie

No comments:

Post a Comment