Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Days four and five

Yesterday the show finally started to feel like it was coming to dinner. We had an early rehearsal followed by lunch at Chinatown, dress rehearsal,and then celebrity waitressing at Applebees. We raised over $400 from our restaurant alone, and half of the contestants were at the other one across town. We were also introduced to the judges for the first time and finally started to set in that the competition is really starting.
Today was my private interview with those judges. Even though this was my second year at states I felt much more nervous this time around for some reason. Fortunately once I got in there I was able to relax, be myself, and answer all of the questions. I always have a hard time determining if an interview was good or bad, but I made it through and I have no control over whether they like me or not...
By the way, I just wanted to thank everyone for all the encouraging comments I've gotten on facebook. I'm definitely feeling the love, especially from my Miss Delaware family.
Highlight of the day was definitely getting to see my parents for the first time since March! We went out for Mexican with my host family, and it was so nice to see and talk with them for a little while.
After that was the teen pageant. Congratulations to Kelsey Barrett the newly crowned Miss Ohio's Outstanding Teen. She has a beautiful voice, and I know she will do well in Orlando. I was also very proud of Matti Crisman who was her first runner up. I got to meet her at Miss Muskingum Valley, and she is so sweet. Of course I was so proud of Miss Greater Butler County's Outstanding Teen, Brooklyn Thompson. I got to sit with her cheering section tonight. I must say, I'm a little jealous of her evening gown walk. It was truly elegant. I'm proud of my little sister, and I can't wait to finish out our reign together.
Tomorrow starts the onstage competition, and I can barely believe it. I'm starting with evening gown and onstage question. I'm praying for a good question and that I don't trip lol. Thursday night I perform my talent, and Friday is swimsuit. Of course you can watch the video stream when you get a chance at:
http://www.ohiomediagroupinc.com/watchlive2011.html
Love you all!
Janemarie

2 comments:

  1. so excited to read your blog! break a leg! we will be watching from the Mississippi Gulf Coast! I'm so proud of you for stepping out there and competing "where you're planted!" Amazing--ever since I first judged you at Jr. Miss--you remain a positive, charming, positively charismatic representative...way to BE! xxoo, JerriLynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting to see you, and have dinner with Sue & Bob, was the highlight of our day too! (Of course, the other part of the day involved driving almost 500 miles lol) We're sure you did fine in the interview. We're looking forward to seeing you onstage tonight! Always remember, God is with you, and we love you. ~Mom&Dad

    ReplyDelete