Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day One: Arriving in Mansfield

I arrived in sunny Mansfield around 6pm today and I was met by my chaperon Jean and a tiny, energetic dog named Pepper (who is currently snuggled up next to me in my bed lol). Jean has been doing this for over 20 years and she's so sweet. I can't wait to get to know her better. Sue and Bob are my host parents, and they are the most amazing family I could have imagined. This is their first year, and they are so excited and have been spoiling us like crazy. It's a beautiful home and they bought tons of fruits and veggies and other yummy foods for us. Although if she keeps trying to feed us all week it might be bad for my swimsuit score lol. They made sure that we feel completely comfortable and have really made me feel like royalty.
Oh, and I have the BEST roommate in the world. Sorry ladies, but I couldn't imagine a better roommate than Miss Willard, Alyssa Waldman. I had so much fun getting to know her today, and we really have a lot in common. We even do the same workout video (and yes we got our butts kicked by Jillian tonight lol). I really couldn't have been more blessed. I was nervous about leaving, but now I know that this is truly going to be an amazing week full of wonderful memories I will never forget. I knew that God got me here for a reason. I can't wait to see what it is.
Goodnight!
Love,
Janemarie

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're having a great experience. Pepper sounds so cute and everyone at the house sound super sweet. Have fun and make us proud, Jane :)

    xoxoxo,
    your twin Kelly

    ReplyDelete