Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Last Full Day

My thoughts have been very full this past week. I've known for months, but it is still hitting me hard that this stage of my life will be over forever. For those of you who don't know, I'm getting married in 4 months, graduating in less than 2, and moving into an apartment sometime between then. So many changes at the same time make me wish desperately for me to be five years old again. But I digress...
I know it's not just me (although it feels that way sometimes), but I am chronic "what if"er. Life is a string of decisions, and a million little changes could have led me down a completely different path. At the end of the day, I'm glad that I am where I am (not the putting off finishing my paper part, but the general state of my life lol). It wasn't God's plan for me to be Miss Delaware or Miss Ohio, but the fact that I got to try has been so rewarding. I've been thinking back on all of the opportunities I've had over the years, I am truly amazed. I've had conversations with a state governor, a state senator, and even a Miss America. I've visited children at CMN hospitals in Dayton & Philadelphia (where I also passed out for the 1st and 2nd time in my life lol). I've been treated far better than I deserve by people who are selfless and kind. I developed a love for fitness and politics, while learning the skills to having a killer job interview. The Miss America Organization has definitely shaped who I am today, and I am so thankful for the time I've had with the people who make it up. My family has supported me through the hard times and prepared me for the mountain top moments as well. My directors (Jacci & Jacky) pushed me farther than I thought I could go. Mamma K and Mamma Soucek believed in me when I didn't. Thank you.

Three of the most memorable weeks of my life were the two state pageant weeks, and I am truly excited for (and honestly a little jealous of)the wonderful woman who will be crowned Miss Greater Butler County 2012 tomorrow night. I pray that she will cherish every moment, serve every person, and learn about herself in this next year of her life.

God Bless,
Janemarie
Miss Greater Butler County 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment