Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Information Overload

This weekend just flew by. To be honest I was kind of dreading going to the forum, but now I wish it could have been longer. I'll just have to wait for Miss Ohio week :)
I'm always amazing by the similarities and differences that I see between the two states. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to do so. But now that I've met all of the wonderful ladies and got to hear from Becky about what being Miss Ohio really means, I'm more anxious than ever to hit the ground running. 3 more weeks of school...
It seems like so long ago already, but I'll try to hit the highlights.
I'm going to be contestant number 10 (the 2nd of the 2nd flight), so I'll compete in evening gown/osq Wednesday, talent on Thursday, and SS on Friday.
For the weekend I was on the blue team (go myspade lol)and ended up in second place although we completely deserved to win (who's ever done a heart shaped puzzle? lol). Our challenges included a poster making contest, a camp-wide scavenger hunt, family feud, puzzles, speeches, makeup, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else. Sunday we split in half and my group did the high ropes course at the camp for a few hours which was both enlightening and a ton of fun. If you ever want to get a group to bond, that's a sure fire way to do it!
Becky completely inspired me as she talked to all of the contestants about what it really means to be Miss Ohio. It's something that she got to do, not that she had to do, and that kept her grateful. And when I'm preparing, I'm not preparing to compete, I'm preparing for the job...it's a completely different perspective, but a really important distinction. I just pray that I'll have what it takes and that no matter what happens Saturday night, I'll be able to look back and know that I did everything that I could.
I also started tutoring a third grade girl today. She told me she wanted to be a doctor so that she wouldn't have to worry about money when she was older...this made me kind of sad, but it just showed me how relevant my platform really is. I hope that I'll be able to help at least a little bit as she goes after her dreams.
After this week school gets a little easier, but I just have to get through 2 tests and a presentation tomorrow first, a speech next week, finals week, and then I'm done!!
Oh, I'm going gown shopping this weekend...let's see if I find anything! I'll let you know :)
Goodnight!
Janemarie

No comments:

Post a Comment