Saturday, June 22, 2013

It's almost here: reflections & sponsor love

The last month has been another whirlwind adventure, and in 48 hours I'll be finishing the first day of Miss Delaware week.  After Kayla Martell won in 2010, all I wanted to do was be back on that stage.  I didn't think it would take me three more years to accomplish that goal.  It's been a crazy ride, but I'm so glad that God's plans are better than mine.  He brings all things together in His time, for His reasons, and in His way.  I'm so thankful that He gave me the second chance that I didn't think was possible.  Like most people, I don't want to live a life of regret.  This time I know how hard I've worked, how much I've grown, and no matter who walks away with a crown next week, I am the best version of myself that I have ever been.  Looking back on this year, it's been incredible to see God bring the right people into my life at the perfect time.  As most of you know, it took me quite a few locals for me to qualify for Miss Delaware.  Through that process I got to reconnect with an old friend, Tracy Friswell-Jacobs (of Delaware Arts Conservatory in Bear), who not only choreographed the routine I'm performing next week, but gave me free lessons to brush up after so long.  Julie Donohue not only took amazing headshots for me, but got her husband's gym (Delaware Barbell Club) to sponsor me.  They've become great friends, and I can truly say that I'm in the best shape of my life after losing 22 lbs this past year.  Elayne James Salon and Spa in Middletown has also been a complete blessing, and Faith is the most talented colorist I've ever met.  Laura and Brooke-you both mean more to me than I can express.  Thank you for helping me see myself clearly.  Marisa and Melissa-Thank you so much for being such wonderful directors.  We've had some crazy adventures, but you are both a wonderful example of women who have grown through the Miss America Organization.

If you've made it this far, can you do me a favor?  If you have my phone number, send me text messages with happy thoughts, post on my Facebook wall, email, etc.  But most of all pray that I keep my mind in the right place and that God would give me the words to speak, because without Him I am truly nothing.  Thank you all for being a part of this journey with me.

Love,
Janemarie




No comments:

Post a Comment